Ability to update all system page templates at one time

I feel like the system pages used to use the default template, but on my current site I noticed that they now use _cms_default_blank_template

Is it possible to have the system pages either use the default template by default, or have the ability to update the template on all the system pages at once.

The issue is that I have to go to each system page and update the template. Not a big job, but just one more thing I need to do when building a site.

2 Likes

Maybe we could just implement the import export feature that we have for modules and regular pages.

I like the idea of having them use the “default” template as to me, that is exactly what Default means.

The problem is that “_cms_default_blank_template” is actually applied as the template in use, and even though it’s called a ‘default’ it may well not be the intended default template at all.

All system items should be set to “Use Default Template” instead so we can set what the actual default template is and discard the “_cms_default_blank_template” if needed.

1 Like

Wouldn’t your default template be different to your system template? As for an example SEO?

@luke Good point.I personally just would prefer to have one default template that was applied generally, but maybe it makes sense to be able to select a system page default and a general default.

1 Like