Add Image Bug (not adding proper upload link)

Hey guys, it appears there is a bug in when adding images using the image manager for blogs, open graph, custom modules, etc.

When adding an image using the image manager of say a Custom Module, after uploading the image, it would automatically link that image that was uploaded, but now it doesn’t. A bit of a pain really as I just noticed this after an hours worth of work and now I need to go back and fix all of the images I thought were linked properly.

Here is a video recording of the bug.

Please advise when this will be fixed? Since clients are using this also for adding blog images, I’m sure they will be asking us ‘what is up’ very soon. Hopefully we don’t have to wait until the next sprint.

Further to this, I seem to remember the image manager remembering our previous choice? i.e. when we chose an image from a particular folder, and to click on another image manager link, it remembered the folder we last used. This isn’t working any longer.

I see the same here: After uploading an image, the system just selects the first file in the folder. Only works correctly if the uploaded picture happens to be alphabetically first.

I can’t reproduce the the second issue though. Having multiple media properties in a custom module, I can click on one, select a folder to choose an image, then click on another property and it will open the same folder again.

Hi @A3CS , thanks for the request.
We will fix the “Add Image Bug” today or tomorrow in version 4.3.2.

Can you describe the problem in more detail or make a video?

Hi @Eugene here is a video describing what I meant about the image folder choice - really, it is about the system remember the last folder/path chosen.

https://www.loom.com/share/12680859e37447e5be9fc95634983cef

The image manager remembers the last open folder only in the item, if you go to another item, the image manager will be overloaded. It always has been.
I’m not sure that this functionality is suitable for all partners. You can add this request to the public backlog and if it gets enough votes, we will do it.

@Peter-Schmidt , please add this request to the public backlog.

We have released v 4.3.2 with a fix for the “Add Image Bug”.

2 Likes

Thanks @Eugene for getting this fixed so fast.

1 Like