Changes to FTP credentials

Today we have rolled out some very important changes to Treepl. These changes affect all Treepl sites and Treepl users, so please read carefully:

• The FTP username format for all of your Treepl sites is now changed and corresponds to your main email. For example, you’ve signed up with Treepl as john@design.com and your FTP username is “johndesign”, starting today your FTP username is john@design.com. Later this week every Admin user of every Treepl site will be able to use their email address as their FTP username.

• “Treepl Partner Portal” is now officially renamed to “Treepl Portal”

• Treepl Portal’s URL is now changed from my.treepl.co to portal.treepl.co (yes, there is a redirect from old to new)

Feel free to ask any questions here.

4 Likes

Noted @alex.n. This is a pretty important announcement, so maybe send an email out to signed up partners as well, not sure if everyone looks at the forum.

1 Like

Of course - there are several updates, including this one, that will be bundled in a mail blast later today.

1 Like

I’m guessing we still include the sitedomain.com| at the beginning of the user?

Correct. Change is in username itself, site name still has to be specified.

Yeah the terminology is a bit misleading here given the way they have implimented logins.
The entire ftp username is still site|partneremail.
For example - mysite.trialsite.co|admin@company.com

Dreamweaver site setup as follows:

Server Name: Remote Server
Connect Using: FTP over SSL/TLS (explicit encryption)
FTP Address: [yoursite].trialsite.co
Username: [yoursite].trialsite.co|partner@email.com
Password: [partner portal password]

& make sure “Passive FTP” is checked.

While most of my clients won’t use this, it will be fantastic for the ones who do. Thanks!

@alex.n I don’t know if this is planned yet, but if clients now have the ability to access their sites via FTP using their admin credentials, shouldn’t we also have a way to exclude FTP access in Admin User Roles?

1 Like

Hi everyone I’m wondering if I can get some help with connecting FTP? For some reason, I can’t connect.
connection details below. much appreciated.

Hi, I see you’re using Transmit. Please check the following post, it might be relevant to your issue Is your FTP client not working?

If this doesn’t help, please submit a support ticket, we’ll take a closer look.

2 Likes

@luke - Quite sure that the post which @alex.n is referring to will solve it. Let us know if it still doesn’t work. You other settings looks just like mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did see this post and it was already ticked?
I will double check when I get home though.

Yes I double checked but still no luck.

Hmm strange :thinking:
I guess you have checked the password several times - is this your only site or can you login to others?
To be absolutely sure I would contact support :slight_smile:

From the settings I can see it should work!

Let support test it out with your credentials, to be absolutely sure that everything works.

1 Like

Yes I can login to the portal with that password and I have other trial sites also ATOM and Visual Studio Code but no luck there either.

I have contacted support but thanks for your help Peter and Alex.

Ok you can all tell me how silly I am as it was my password…lol…time for sleep I think!

Haha NW @luke - We’ve all tried that :slight_smile: