Duplicate pages showing up in SEO tools

I’m using Neil Patel’s SEO program and in the assesment many of my pages are showing up as multiple pages. Some of the links have the actual link and others show the URL link with text like this: ?page=1&prop_ModuleId=1774

A friend mentioned that I need to have canonical urls. I vaguely recall doing that to my site before it moved it to Treepl but I totally forgot about it. Can anyone help me?
Thanks

Hi @Mstall
The pages you have indexed with ?page=1&prop_ModuleId=1774 are pagination pages of a list view and these are called ‘URL Parameters’ or ‘Query Strings’.
I’m no SEO expert but I’d say the solution to this issue is to ensure the main listing page has a canonical URL set as the URL of that page so if that page renders with URL parameters the canonical reference will tell search engines what the main page is.

It may also be an option to add this line:
Disallow: /*?*
to your robots.txt file, which will tell search engines not to crawl URLs with parameters.
But you need to ensure this isn’t blocking other pages that may need to be crawled with parameters (which is unlikely).

Hope that helps.

I think you’re right. How do I set up a canonical URL?

It’s under the SEO tab on any page/item: