eCommerce Downloads & Launch Timing

I wanted to double check that the date of the eCommerce is not going to be pushed back any further as I have a new site that needs to go live on 10th November with eCommerce so need to make sure we can meet this deadline.

Also, are downloadable product purchases going to be available in the initial eCommerce launch?

Hi @SiroccoDigital

Our team is working hard on eCommerce functionality and we’re aiming at November 6.
Though the eCommerce functionality development is in accordance with our Masterplan, we suggest you take ~ 3 weeks to play with eCommerce. There’s a chance minor fixes and refinements will be needed.
As for downloadable product purchases, we’re not planning them in the 5.0 version, however, our goal is to cover full BC functionality, so this will be implemented in the future releases after version 5.0.

Ecommerce has now been pushed back twice since this post. I would rather not have a date at all than a date that keeps changing (particularly when I have passed it along). Having trusted Treepl I’ve now looked frankly unprofessional when stating ETAs to clients. A core functionality of BC was Ecommerce, considering we now only have a year before BC completely switches off the lights, I’m concerned that this will not be launched in time and will have to turn to another alternative. Very disappointing.

1 Like

Hi @Jaqee
I totally understand what you mean, we are also eagerly waiting for Ecommerce, but that being said there has been some updates on the infrastructure and speed on the current sites that the team needed to tackle and it seems that this is what pushed back Ecommerce several times.

We want to build and migrate Ecommerce sites, but the most important for us is that the current live sites (40+) is running as smooth as possible.

There will always be bumps along the way when building a system like this and therefor I am not passing along any dates to clients. As mentioned we are waiting for Ecommerce as well and still trusting Treepl to deliver a great product (like they have done so far). There has been a few bumps along the way, but the team has been working furiously for a very long time and I can totally accept that something will be pushed back. One thing is to build the system but then a lot of partners start working on it and find small bugs etc. that needs to be addressed asap, and that will push back other things.

I trust the Treepl team 100%, especially because they tell us what is going on and are being upfront and honest about it. Something I never felt with Adobe since it was virtually impossible to get ANY feedback from them at all.

I think 2020 will be a great year for Treepl including the bumps along the way :slight_smile:

6 Likes