Events - link to custom modules or event group?

I’m setting up a booking system where you book an appointments at different locations. I was going to set up locations as a custom module and link the address details to the event but am just wondering if setting up each location as an event group might be a better approach. Anyone know what the pros and cons are of each approach? Which would be easier for the user to manage?

Without knowing all the details, it sounds like having the address as the Event group would make sense and might be more logical for the client to manage that way. But this suggests you would be having the ‘Events’ (time and dates) within each group. That might mean you need to double up on all these for each group. Whereas, if the location was just a seperate reference you might only need the one list of date/times and any location can just be referenced.

thanks Adam - in this case the bookings are for a mobile mechanic. He is in different locations on different days but has a set number of appointments that can be booked at each location. I think I will set up the Location as the event group and then just upload the available times to each location.

1 Like