Front end and back end speed

Hello @Khy!

According to the video, you tried to access the site and site admin when there were issues with one of the AU servers where your affected site is located on. The other site is hosted on another server and therefore wasn’t affected.

I would like to try this but unfortunately my portal is not allowing me to Duplicate this trial site? Maybe because its under a Portal account that is not a Partner?

Would it be possible to have the site duplicated to another AU server? Please respond to our Project ticket request #8784 thanks!

Unfortunately our client is not happy at all with the site speed so if this could be rectified, we’d love to go Live…

Hello @Khy ,

We’re investigating the issue with the site and will get back to you in the ticket. I’m afraid the issue isn’t server-related and thus duplicating a site won’t help here.
Thanks for understanding.

Hi Violetta,

Will a site’s/admin area’s speed be dramatically better if it was Live rather still on Trial?

What exactly happens when a site goes Live, does it get moved to a different server or anything?

Hi @Khy,

There will be a slight change in terms of CPU resources (more resources are allocated to live sites). Also, trial sites that are not visited for more than 60 minutes get idled and require up to 20 seconds to load on the first visit, which is not the case with live sites.

When a trial site goes live, it doesn’t get moved to a different server, it is activated on the same one at this point.

@alex Is there any update on this issue on the CMS side.

Just got this in from a client, “Just wondering – it is VERY slow…should this be the case? Every click takes the page 30seconds to refresh or changeover……”

Will open a ticket also

2 Likes

Hi @colmmc01 I believe it’s now fixed with the v5.0.1 update that is currently beind deployed.
Here is more on this and future performance updates that Vlad has posted in Slack earlier today:

v5.0.1 is now being deployed to all data centers.
This is our very first performance update from a series of performance related patches. It includes fix and optimization of the re-index process + minor fixes added for ecommerce (all the details will be available soon with the release notes).
On March 18th, together with v5.1 release (Treepl CMS Development for Treepl Partners & CMS Resellers), we will be adding our next performance patch that is targetted at load speed (TTFB in particular) both frontend and backend of the CMS. Our initial tests have shown very promising results throughout the entire CMS.
As you may have heard, we have assigned our senior backend developer to work exclusively on system optimization and refactoring for the next 6 months.
After March 18 and v5.1 release all the performance patches will be released upon being ready.

1 Like

Hi, I was particularly excited when I heard this:

“we have assigned our senior backend developer to work exclusively on system optimization and refactoring for the next 6 months.”

Q: Has there been any further performance updates since the original March18 / v5.1 update?

v5.2 included performance optimizations for the new liquid engine. We’re actively working on the next improvement. It’s a big feature that will be announced later on.

2 Likes

Hi Reagan,
Further system optimization will arrive with upcoming infrastructure updates next year.

The reasons for that are the following:

• We haven’t received a single complaint on the speed and performance for sites with “New liquid engine” enabled
  • Both optimization and infrastructure changes require regressive testing of the entire CMS and may take up to 3 months to fully integrate it with all existing live and trial sites. Therefore, it’s better to deliver those together to save time on development and QA.
  • We will be able to deliver some powerful features and functionalities (those bigger ones outside of the BC scope) much sooner.

FYI, our senior dev is busy on this project for 4 months already, and as you may have heard we hired 2 more backend devs.
Currently, we’re at the highest development pace we have ever been.

7 Likes