Is there any limit on maximum number of blogs or blog post layouts?

Hi,

My Treepl has been very slow this week, it is very hard to load pages (taking more than 1 minute or sometimes can’t load at all ). The actions of opening modules, saving files or creating items also became very slow.

This is the codes for one of my pages.

<div class="row">
        <section class="small-12 columns">
            <div class="row">
                <div class="medium-9 columns blog-container"> 
                    <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS" href="http://www.proveritas.com.au/RSSRetrieve.aspx?ID=16262&amp;Type=RSS20">
                    <div id="catblogoutput">
                        {% component source: "Blog Post", layout: "Articles",  type: "module", sortBy: "releasedate", sortOrder: "DESC",limit:'1' %}
                    </div> 
                </div>

</div>
        </section>
</div>

If I deleted the above codes, the page can load in 1 minute, if not, the page can’t load at all. Even if I put a “limit:‘1’” on the blog post component.

Currently, I got 15 blogs 2 blog layouts and 6 blog post layouts.

Thank you!

I would ping Aleksey on Slack or submit a support ticket for this one.
Sounds like an issue for that site instance which the team might need to reboot something.

Site slowdowns can be caused by Liquid recursion issues though, so I’d first check that you don’t have the Beta feature ‘New Liquid Engine’ turned on:

And that you don’t have any Liquid components which may have in their Layouts calls to the same/or other Liquid components that in turn are calling the same Layouts (ie: recursion).

1 Like

Hi @Adam.Wilson,

Thank you for your explanation. I reported my issue to Treepl Support and waited for their feedback.
I clicked the setting button, but what I could see is just “Logout”, maybe I don’t have the access permission.

I checked my codes, there should be no recursion. Even if there were recursion codes in some component, is it going to cause a problem if it isn’t used anywhere?

Thank you so much!

Ok, maybe those other options are only available to certain partner levels (free/paid/…)

Yes, if the Liquid code isn’t executed it shouldn’t cause an issue.

One thing you might be able to do is to duplicate the site as a trial site and see if it still performs the same under the same conditions.
If not, then it’s likely just a glitch with that site instance and needs to be rebooted.
Not sure if you have the ‘Duplicate’ site function in your portal though?

Thank you @Adam.Wilson. I haven’t found the option, I guess it also requires a high level of access permission, I will ask my team leader to try it.

Thank you again! Have a wonderful weekend!