Migration Automation Specs

I have a few large website migration quotes to complete this month and want to get an idea of what the new Migration Automation is likely to cover and how much of the process it will alleviate so we can reduce these costs for clients as much as possible.

At the moment there are quite a few manual Migration processes between BC and Treepl like URL Redirects, FAQs, Blog Posts, Menu Bars, Photo Galleries, Media Downloads as we can’t export these in bulk out of BC. Due to not all Treepl files being accessible via FTP there is a some copy/pasting between consoles that is required at the moment too so any reduction in this would be great.

Also, is this something that only Treepl Support will have access to and we will need to pay you to use, or will it be available for any paid partner to use at any time?

Any information you could provide would be helpful so we can better plan for the backlog of migrations that we need to quote on.

Hey @SiroccoDigital I just had a conversation with @alex in another thread.

I asked Alex about https://www.bcexporter.com/ and he said it would be better. BC Exporter might be a good stop-gap for some sites in the mean time. I haven’t tried it yet, but it looks promising. Some data is just a bear to get out of BC as I’m sure you’re aware.

Hey @Alex_B_Centrifuge yes I have been checking out that product as an option. Just trying to get my head around the fastest migration option for clients that have larger websites where so much of the transfer is manually completed.

@alex is there any feedback about this new feature?

Hello Katherine,
We plan to show some results in March before EOL announcement anniversary.

That’s great @alex. Can you confirm what processes it is going to automate so I can evaluate migration costs for a few large sites I have waiting to be quoted?

I will have some info on that early next week.