URL Management - Game Changer!

Ok, just going to say it… AWESOME!!! The URL Management is a game changer for me… stoked it is available. Thanks Treepl Team! Keep up the great work!

It’s the little things… that make this platform so great

2 Likes

Its very promising from what I have seen.
For me the celebrations will begin - once it stops throwing 404s.

It shouldn’t be throwing 404’s… sure you know this already it is not available on live sites yet. And, from what I can see the 3rd level is not available yet. I am just using 1st level and 2nd level (parent and child) only right now and all is working fine.

Are you talking about levels of multi-slug in Custom Modules?

Problems with URLM I have found are outlined in Treehouse Meeting #10

No, my success with it is:

1. Create a Custom Module called ‘Programs’. Custom Module URL /programs.
  2. Create a Page called /programs (no issue, and it is not appending with a -1 - i.e. /programs-1)
  3. So, I have a parent item: /programs and all child items (on Custom Modules) will be /programs/item-1, etc.
1 Like

Try creating the custom module ‘items’, then test the rendered pages at all levels.

Hmm… not seeing any issues. Just created a Custom Module item called - Youth. So URL is /programs/youth and it is rendering fine (no 404).

If you are having issues it might be the name ‘items’ that is the issue, as I know the system reserves some URL for system items.

Happy to jump on a Zoom meeting if you want to discuss further. Or maybe I am completely missing the mark here (sorry, I’m old and and dumb sometimes - lol)