đź—ł Vote Partners, Vote!

This is just a friendly reminder to partners to vote on backlog items.
The next two sprints have been planned which has scheduled a bunch of excellent features that I think a lot of people want. Yay!

That being said, “Code Formatting” now has the most votes in the backlog. I mean, I love formatted code as much as the next person, but I feel like this has risen to the top by default. Maybe I’m wrong and the masses are clamoring for formatted code. I feel you.

Not to influence anybody’s vote, but there are some awesome feature requests in the backlog.

• Website Backup
  • Custom fields on pages
  • Option to index custom fields
  • Liquid parser inside text based files (What!?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
  • Custom modules advanced filtering
  • Native Comments
  • Default JS validation for form

I’m not trying to influence anybody into voting for specific things.

:sparkles:Follow your bliss :sparkles:.

:ballot_box: But please do vote. :ballot_box:

5 Likes

Don’t dismiss “Code Formatting”, super important (LOL!) this has been in the backlog for 2+ years now. So, giving you a “you’re wrong” answer (from my point of view). :grinning:

Let’s Keep Code Formatting Great Again!

1 Like

I was a supporter of Code Formatting until Eugene from Treepl explained that:

We reviewed this plugin. It does a good job of formatting HTML, JS, and CSS. But it breaks the formatted liquid, it perceives all the liquid code as text and collapses it in one line. It will take a lot of time to write a plugin with liquid support, and we will be able to do this only after completing more priority tasks.

See the discussion at: Code format in Ace editor
There are other things I want more.

1 Like

I’ll just be over here in the corner crying

1 Like

@lee.relianceit sorry for the heartache. As a temporary solution, I copy & paste code into: HTML Compressor - Reduce the size of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and Smarty code.
and then copy & paste it back into Treepl. I haven’t tried it with any code containing liquid code, so I can’t say how that would go. I’ll have to give it a try and report back!

1 Like

Just tried some very simply liquid code and it didn’t modify or corrupt the code at all.

Actually, that tool doesn’t put each tag on a new line. It’s good for getting rid of too much indenting. You’ll still need a code editor to do the sort of formatting you probably want.

1 Like