404 after deleting detail layout. How to use multiple layouts

[quote]
View in #how_to on Slack

![aaron] @aaron: Ok, here’s a tricky one (or not). Built a Custom Module. Was going to just use the Custom Module to display basic list items with no Detail Page. So, I deleted the Detail Page. Now, Customer wants a detail page. So I add the Detail Page back (in Layouts), and make sure that “Detail” is checked. When I go to preview it, it shows a 404/Page Not Found. @alex.n @vlad.z any suggestions here? This has happened to me more than once, and I would just end up deleting the Custom Module and adding it back again.

And, while we are on this subject, and we didn’t delete a Detail Page, how do we go about assigning Multiple Detail pages? i.e. how do you tell the URL which Detail page to output?

![adam] @adam: I don’t think the URL changes in the ‘multi detail layout’ model. It’s just that you can specify a different detail layout in the component tag (just like you can with list views).
Not sure on the other issue, perhaps a bug - but have you tried reassigning the new detail layout for each item and resaving them… maybe the system is still looking for the previous layout ID???

![aaron] @aaron: Oh my, I’m losing it, or I need a vacation - yes, that did it - add detail layout back… oh man.
@alex.n @vlad.z DISREGARD!
thanks @adam

![adam] @adam: Ha ha. Sometimes we just need a fresh set of eyes on a problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

![aaron] @aaron: I think I’m in migration overload
maybe I should hire you as my counsellor