Auto responder email - ability to control the sender's address

Currently any form submission autoresponder comes from
Someone admin@treepl.co; on behalf of; Someone someone@somedomainname.com

Can this be change to just Someone someone@domainname.com ?
Perhaps like how the workflow notification are done where you can nominate the email address of the sender? Perhaps I have missed something?

1 Like

Hey Adele, from what I was told, this is not currently available. I don’t recall seeing it as a Backlog item… although this would fall under the “Custom Domain Branding” part of our buy into Treepl. This is huge for us as well…in the meantime, I have to unfortunately turn off all customer auto-responders.

FYI - those that are responding to this that, that you can just go into the Workflow Email and change the “From” address, while this technically works, it shows what Adele mentioned above (…on behalf of), even with SPF records set as well.

I’m encountering this issue right now. @A3CS @Adele_Taylor Have you found a way to resolve this since the original post?

Hi Alex, I’m afraid not. I’m just putting up with it until Treepl can get to it

I put in a support ticket and I have been going back and forth with them. They’re looking to see if they can resolve the issue. I’ll post an update here if anything changes.

1 Like

@A3CS @Adele_Taylor I just worked through this with support on a ticket and it’s resolved for me now. They said they deployed a hotfix. Maybe give it a test and let me know if it’s working for your two as well.

Oh apparently it was a hotfix and they just applied it to my account, but it will be rolled out to all accounts with the next release. It may be possible to request to get the hotfix applied to your accounts by contacting support.

1 Like

Thanks @Alex_B_Centrifuge - I stopped using the auto-responders because of this issue, so I’ll check it out again late next week after the sprint update.

Will this be available on the “basic” inquiry workflow or only on the custom workflows? :slight_smile:

Hi Peter-Schmidt. This fix for only form auto responder.

1 Like

Autoresponders work fine for me ha. I’ve been having issues with the workflows where the address is impersonated by treepl. So the exact opposite of OPs issue. They advised a while back they were looking at a less spamy way about it… but no dice yet.

So @James you’re getting admin@treepl.co; on behalf of; Someone someone@somedomainname.com with workflow notifications? Have you got an SPF record in place?