Can I accept payment with a Custom Module Input Form?

Can I accept payment with a Custom Module Input Form?
BC has a “Payment Required” checkbox for a Webapp. Is there anything similar?

Thanks!

Hi @shannonlynd,
There’s no such functionality at Treepl so far. This needs additional development. Please send a Public Backlog request.

@Irene, thanks for the quick response. :slight_smile:

@shannonlynd you could use the Event module and further customise it perhaps.

Thanks. I am now converting to the events module. However, I need to be able to access the event subscriptions as I would a custom module’s items to produce very specific event reports.

Will we eventually have the option to call an event subscription or bookings module and get all subscribers and responses?

I’m in the process of converting our most complex BC site. It is a member management site, and I am still awaiting a few features in order to get it done:

1. I need to be able to produce a check-in list for any event with the member’s last name first, a mail merge list for printing invitations with formal salutations, and a name tag list for name tags with informal salutations.
    In BC, we used a custom module, but the events module would be a better implementation once I can produce the reports I need. In BC we would merge the items with info from module_data to produce several printable reports.
    So, I need either:
    a) Ability to list Event subscriptions on a page
    b) OR custom module taking payment

2. Each membership can have up to 2 members, so I’ve been voting for a few specific backlog items to get it done, and they cannot share logins. So I need:
    a) A custom module item to have multiple owners
    OR b) to be able to select a CRM contact as a custom module property.
    In BC, I added a primary member and secondary member as fields.Then from the login, I would query the “Membership” webapp’s id and store it as a cookie. Then for every page I would query their RSVP’s, their purchases, their past payments, votes, any activity by their membership ID. Having either of these two options would save be so much time!

The new membership season is supposed to start in July, so it would be great to get this done before May!

Any ideas how these items are progressing on the backlog list? I keep voting for them, but I’m not sure I’m going to make my deadline.

Currently there’s no way to output Event Subscriptions to the front end. However, in release 5.1 we got the ability to output Orders and Cases, so perhaps Event Subscriptions isn’t too far off either.
https://treepl.co/cms-features

On this note; Event purchases create an Order in the system so there might be some data you can output to represent the Event subscription - although limiting.

The Order output doesn’t contain anything from the form except payment details, Event name/url, Form name and member ID.
So you could then call up the Event item to display details of the event… but not specifically about their subscription.

Regarding your numbered points:

1. Since we can’t yet output CRM contacts I don’t see how this could be achieved.
    Outputting the Orders, as noted above, will give you the members ID only so that’s all we can currently get.

2. If they are logged in then you can show their related orders (if they are the purchaser), but I can’t see a way to create the second person relationship at this stage.

Advance CRM is meant to be coming soon which would likely make most of this possible :crossed_fingers: