CHECK THIS OUT! - Integrated product image builder for E-Commerce | Backlog Request

VOTE TODAY - Major feature and enhancement

Here goes my pitch. Today’s consumers and internet surfers are looking for websites they can interact with and have a great user experience with. This is especially true with e-commerce, online buyers want as close to an in-person shopping experience as they can.

The feature I am requesting is definitely client-focused but has enormous potential for use in many applications and can benefit many partners to bring higher budget clients to the platform and really showcase Treepl’s strength.

I haven’t necessarily fleshed out the nitty-gritty part of it as I am more of a marketing strategist with some front-end development experience. So, I am open to feedback and how best to integrate this and would welcome your VOTE so we can boost E-commerce in a big way on Treepl.

WHY?

• This is a newer feature that platforms like Shopify have available and WordPress through third-party plugins like MyStyle. (Examples shown below)
  • I have a live client on Treepl waiting for this type of feature.
  • It is my opinion that since this COVID-19 Pandemic the request for E-commerce sites has risen dramatically and platforms like Woo Commerce/WordPress and Shopify have done really well focusing on the E-commerce side of their platforms since the beginning. I understand that WE Treepl Partners and the Treepl Dev Team recognized that we needed a platform quickly to replace Adobe BC and its functionality. I believe that now is the time to shift some focus towards killing it with the E-commerce functionality and Secure Zones. (just my two cents - I will add this point as a conversation piece in another part of the forum)

EXAMPLES:

Shopify site: Metal Signs Canada - https://www.metalsignscanada.com/

Shopify site: (a previous client of ours) My Custom Sports Chairs - https://mycustomsportschair.com/

Still here, THANK YOU for reading and for your time and consideration.

Cheers,

-Gilles

Hi @CmonGo
From what I have heard earlier from @alex and the team they can’t wait to begin working on all the new features, including E-commerce. From what I understand it has been necessary to build “not optimal” solutions at this point, to make it possible for partners to migrate existing BC sites.

When we are past EOL I am sure that we will begin to see a lot of new ideas and features including E-commerce, but I think that it is a great idea to collect ideas for the future of E-commerce here in this topic :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @Peter-Schmidt ,

That’s great to hear. I’m looking forward to it. I am not a fan of WordPress and want to get away from it completely. I have been forced there for quite a few clients since the announcement of EOL for BC. :+1:

-Gilles

@CmonGo Just to clarify the feature you’re looking for is to allow file uploads with ecommerce purchases and have those images displayed on products?

Or are you looking for integration with a third party that allow product customization/printing/delivery?

Or are you hoping to see a pre built module that would allow this functionality?

Or are you looking for a pre-built template by the Treepl team that could serve as a starter site that include the functionality you are looking for?

I feel like options 1 is already possible on Treepl, but would require a good amount of custom development. Option 2 seems like it would be possible, depending on the integration. Option 3 could be possible by other Treepl partners once we have the ability to share modules between sites as detailed in this backlog request. That backlog request could definitely be fleshed out to include ecommerce setups.

Sorry for my naiveté.

Hi Alex, Your asking all the right questions, I am open to whichever method can give the ability for a customer ordering a customizable product to see that product with their customization integrated before placing the order. Perhaps this is some sort of image builder (pre-built module?) Sorry I can only envision what I want it to do, I don’t have too much development background of how complex it may or may not be. Perhaps the answer is a pre-built template.

If anything I am the one that is naïve. :blush:

Given the flexibility of Treepl layouts and the ability to add multiple custom fields you could already achieve displaying products with controls to show multiple colour or overprint selections. This would require liquid arrays to conditionally render the output and product variations to populate the cart. Uploading artwork to render on the product image wouldn’t be possible (not yet anyway). But I don’t see any reason why the rest couldn’t already be done.

It’s a fairly extensive build of course. So it would be a fantastic incentive and super cool if we had some sort of partner marketplace where unique custom features like this could be shared/purchased. That would open up a world of opportunity that everyone could benefit from. Who else is keen on this?

2 Likes

It’s pretty far outside of my vertical, so it’s not something I would personally use. I agree that there would be incentive if there was a marketplace for a talented development team to build this kind of functionality and make it available for other partners for a fee.