CRM Order Upgrade

We have clients that need to be able to make adjustments to the CRM Ordering so that they can use it more as a sales/quoting tool like it was in BC.

For example, being able to resend a copy of the invoice, edit the products and attributes that have been ordered/quoted (add some or subtract some), make notes on the system about the client, be able to track where they are at with the order ie. talked to customer/awaiting deposit/in production/shipped/delivered etc.

Has this type of functionality been considered @alex and if not, can it be urgently added in the backlog @Peter-Schmidt

1 Like

@Eugene - Will some of the above be solved with the coming upgrade of the CRM system? :slight_smile:

Hi @SiroccoDigital, @Peter-Schmidt. Currently, there’s a “send invoice” feature, the delayed order payment will be added in this sprint. Other features related to quoting and order editing should be submitted as public backlog requests.

Thanks @Irene :slight_smile:

@SiroccoDigital - Can you wirte up a small text to add on the public backlog of what you need? :slight_smile:

@SiroccoDigital @Peter-Schmidt I’m unsure if a feature to edit a processed order is compliant with certain business and accounting laws. And beside that: As a merchant it might be important to be able to prove that a particular order has been made by a customer, especially if the order is not being paid for instantly by credit card oder paypal. A client of us has exactly this kind of problem once in a while: Product has been order, was delivered and customer wouldn’t pay, claiming there was no order in the first place. If the system allows me to change processed orders, there’s no way for me to testify that a processed order is legit on a technical level.
There’s also legislation here (tax laws) that rules out the option of changing orders and invoices after the process. A compliant system would force me to cancel an invoice completely and create a new one.
That being said IMHO to have that functionallity @SiroccoDigital needs, there should be the option to mark a process as order OR quote. So we don’t run into legal problems.

1 Like

Perhaps then, in the case that @tim mentions it might be needed to keep a log or change history of orders (which cannot be altered). Best of both worlds then.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this would remedy the problem. The software I write my invoices with is certified for business and doesn’t have this option. It has also something to do with the invoice number. An invoice filed with a certain invoice number can’t be altered here. It only works by deleting the original invoice and creating the altered version with a new invoice number. So in audits the revenue service will know that a process registered in your accounting will always be in accordance with invoices showing up at your customers hence avoiding tax fraud.
Just checked with my brother-in-law who’s a tax accountant in Perth. He also says that you wouldn’ t be allowed to change sent invoices in Australia.
We could check how e.g. Shopify is dealing with that, no? They’ve probably been through lots of auditing and compliance checks ever since they started :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TimL for the particular clients I am using this functionality for they use the website for quoting. So they quote is created through the system, they can then make any final changes in the backend ie. delivery costs, installation, more attributes etc and then send an invoice to the client for payment. This would make it a more all-in-one solution for them instead of having to move all data out of the CRM to track and complete the order.

@SiroccoDigital I see, that makes sense. So website users could add products to their cart but instead of checking out to purchase they could ask for a quote. And that quote could then be handled in the admin, edited, completed etc. before the quote is transformed into an order and the invoice is issued.
I remember a tag in the BC shopping cart layout {{quoteUrl}} for users to check out and request a quote. Should we put this in the backlog? Like an equivalent to that BC tag for Treepl? I don’t know how the backend was handling this in BC though, because I never used it. Did you @Peter-Schmidt?

1 Like

Yes I agree completely @TimL that this is the functionality we need here. @Peter-Schmidt can this be added to the backlog please -

“ECommerce quoting option so that when order goes through the admin it can be edited, changed, completed before the quote is transformed into an order and the invoice is issued for payment in full or for a deposit payment. A workflow can then also be generated for the order to go to the client/accountant/franchisee”

Tim let me know if I need to add anything more to this request.

1 Like

Hi @SiroccoDigital
Added here: https://treepl.co/public-backlog-state/request/e-commerce-quoting-option

Let me know if you want further details or anything else :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you @Peter-Schmidt

1 Like

I’ve also just taken on a client with this requirement. with your case are all items by quotation only?.. because in my case, most can be ordered online normally but there is a range of products that are by quotation only. As part of this feature request, is there a way to add a “quote only” option for the individual product or even better … a product category… so that a different workflow is generated for quote only items?

@Peter-Schmidt can this please be added to the request as it is a great upgrade to this functionality.

2 Likes

Sure thing @SiroccoDigital - I’ve added it :+1:
When the team review the items they will go through the forum posts as well, so if I miss an update or similar the team will look through it anyways for further ideas and details :slight_smile:

2 Likes