Events | Event Booking "CRM> Booking Subscriptions" module

I have events running on a dev site, all good. When a registration form is submitted for the event, is it meant to be added to the Event Booking CRM > Booking Subscriptions page or is this not yet developed? Or have I missed a setting to make this happen from my event registration form? The form submission is landing in CRM > Form Submissions instead.

Thanks Treepl ppls.

Can you post your Form Layout code?

Thanks @Adam.Wilson. Hereā€™s the code I have placed on the DETAIL layout for the event page.

<!--start form-->
	{% assign paymentAmount = this.price %}
	{% assign orderDescription = this.name %}
	{% assign orderName = "Book an event" %}
<form action="/forms/cases.ashx?form=breakfast_registration" name="breakfast_registration"  method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
  <input type="hidden" name="redirectURL" value="/breakfast-confirmation">
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-sm-12 col-lg-6">
		<label for="FirstName">First Name</label>
      <input type="text" class="form-control mb-30" id="FirstName" name="FirstName" required  >
    </div>
    <div class="col-sm-12 col-lg-6">
		<label for="LastName">Last Name</label>
      <input type="text" class="form-control mb-30" id="LastName" name="LastName" required  >
    </div>
  </div>
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-12">
      <label for="Email">Email</label><br>
      <small class="muted"><em>Please use a unique email for each attendee</em></small>
      <input class="form-control mb-30" type="email" id="Email" name="Email" required>
    </div>
  </div>
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-12">
      <label for="BusinessName">Business Name</label>
      <input class="form-control mb-30" type="text" id="BusinessName" name="BusinessName" >
    </div>
  </div>
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-12">
      <label for="Phone">Phone</label>
      <input class="form-control mb-30" type="text" id="Phone" name="Phone" >
    </div>
  </div>
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-12">
      <label for="WhatDoesYourBusinessDo">What does your business do?</label>
      <input class="form-control mb-30" type="text" id="WhatDoesYourBusinessDo" name="WhatDoesYourBusinessDo" required>
    </div>
  </div>
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-12">
      <label for="HowDidYouHearAboutUs">How did you hear about us?</label>
      <select class="form-control mb-30" name="HowDidYouHearAboutUs" id="HowDidYouHearAboutUs" required>
         <option value=""> - Choose - </option>
		 <option value="A BNG Member referral">A BNG Member referral</option>
        <option value="Google">Google</option>
        <option value="Word of mouth">Word of mouth</option>
      </select>
    </div>
  </div>
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-12">
      <label for="BNGMemberReferral">If you were referred by a BNG Member, please enter their name</label>
      <input class="form-control mb-30" type="text" id="BNGMemberReferral" name="BNGMemberReferral" >
      {% if params.eventId != null %}
      <input type="hidden" name="eventId" value ="{{formEvent.id}}" data-trp_price = "{{paymentAmount}}"/>
      <label for="allocations">Allocation</label>
      <input type="text" name ="allocations" data-trp_quantity="1" value="1"/>
      {% endif %}</div>
  </div>
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-12">
      <label for="EventDateRegistration">Your registration is for - </label>
      <input class="form-control mb-30" type="text"  id="EventDateRegistration"  name="EventDateRegistration"  value="{{this['Name']}}" readonly >
    </div>
  </div>
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-12">
      {% if request.request_data.is_mobile == 1 %}
      <div class ="captcha-holder">
        <div class="g-recaptcha" data-size="compact" data-sitekey="6Lf2cGcUAAAAABbL4aDrclASNZx9S3uaI9EvpvlI"></div>
      </div>
      {% else %}
      <div class =" captcha-holder">
        <div class="g-recaptcha" data-sitekey="6Lf2cGcUAAAAABbL4aDrclASNZx9S3uaI9EvpvlI"></div>
      </div>
      {% endif %}</div>
  </div>
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-12">
      <input type="submit" class="btn hami-btn mt-5  mb-30" value="Register">
    </div>
  </div>
</form>
	<!--end form-->

I am having the same issue here. Client is running multiple events and none are showing in the Booking Subscriptions area. I also couldnā€™t find much documentation regarding events. Perhaps it is like Megan expressed, this is not yet a developed item? I did see a reference to Booking being part of the Sept rollout but assumed that because the parts were there, it was a go.

Hi @Megan.
I think your event field wonā€™t be picking up the event ID:
<input type="hidden" name="eventId" value ="{{formEvent.id}}" data-trp_price = "{{paymentAmount}}"/>
Because {{formEvent.id}} isnā€™t referencing anything.

Try changing this to {{this.id}} in your case.

Also, ensure your form component has the eventId present:
{% component type: "form", alias: "breakfast_registration", eventId: "XXXX" %}
OR remove your if statement around the hidden event field as itā€™s probably not needed here.
{% if params.eventId != null %}...

Another thing to watch for is that your event end date hasnā€™t passed, as the event wonā€™t be registered to if itā€™s in the past.

Hi @DaunOmega.
Events are definitely implemented and working. If you want to post a link to your site or post some of your code I can take a look.

Docs are coming for Events, Iā€™ve just been holding off a little as this module is a little trickier and was still in flux with a few changes and bugsā€¦ but I think itā€™s ready for some docs now so itā€™s high on my list to do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Adam, thanks for your help. I have tried altering that event field, but it still does not work.
NEW CODE in that block:

<label for="BNGMemberReferral">If you were referred by a BNG Member, please enter their name</label>
      <input class="form-control mb-30" type="text" id="BNGMemberReferral" name="BNGMemberReferral" >
      {% if params.eventId != null %}
      <input type="hidden" name="eventId" value ="{{this.id}}" data-trp_price = "{{paymentAmount}}"/>
      <label for="allocations">Allocation</label>
      <input type="text" name ="allocations" data-trp_quantity="1" value="1"/>
      {% endif %}

Also I have embedded the form code in the DETAIL layout, not on the actual event - trying to keep elements away from site owner and make it easy for them to create events and not have to add in /touch the form code. So I thought this may be a problem as I am not adding in the form component on the actual event as youā€™ve suggested ā€“

{% component type: "form", alias: "breakfast_registration", eventId: "XXXX" %}
with the event ID in place it look like this ā€“
{% component type: "form", alias: "breakfast_registration", eventId: "2014" %}

However, I did test embedding the form component into an event, it submitted normally, but still the registration appears under CRM > Form Submissions and not under Event Booking CRM > Booking Subscriptions page.

Hmm, I might need a link to the site if you can (you can PM me if you donā€™t want to post it).

Thanks @Adam.Wilson for helping resolve code bug issue on Events. Adam has posted this in the public backlog.

Hi Meganā€¦ did you resolve this in the end and would you mind sharing the final solution?

TIAā€¦ Greg

@TopLeftDesigns a couple of things mixed in which needed resolving ā€“

1. the way I had set up the event form directly into the detail layout - the IF statement was not needed, so that was removed.

2. There was also some spaces in the input fields for ā€œeventIDā€, ā€œdata_trp_priceā€ and ā€œnameā€ fields that were inserted by default in the input fields. This has been reported as a bug to Treepl team.

Resolved thanks to @Adam.Wilson

@Megan thanks. Can you post your final solution?

I need a little help with the Allocations field. Which of these will register two attendees?

<input type="text" name="ItemsQuantity" data-trp_quantity="2" value="2"/>
<input type="text" name="allocations" data-trp_quantity="2" value="2"/>

Iā€™ve seen code examples of both.
ItemsQuantity field works, but registers only 1 attendee event when I change the quantity and value.
Allocations field shows and error "Canā€™t parse allocation field!

@shannonlynd The site I am using this on only allows for 1 person to register per registration form. So user must input email address and the field for allocations is set to ā€œreadonlyā€

<input type="text"  name="allocations" data-trp_quantity="1" value="1" readonly/> 

The above is how I have the form set up on the site for input field.

Iā€™m also having problems with this. I want to set up my event form so that it is the same for all my events. Iā€™m editing the event detail layout settings and adding this
{% component type: ā€œformā€, alias: ā€œbees_in_the_pubā€, eventId: ā€œ{{this.Id}}ā€ %}

The form is processing but Iā€™m not getting any event subscriptions processing in admin.
https://doodlefish.treepl.co/kingston-bees/bees-in-the-pub

Also I donā€™t quite understand how you use the Event GROUP and event ITEM. How do they fit together?

Hi @doodlefish.
Do you have the ā€˜Advanced Payment Flowā€™ beta flag turned on?
(See gear icon top right of admin > Beta Features) as I believe this effects Event subscriptions even if not processing payments. But Iā€™d recommend switching to this anyway if not already.
Here is a new documentation article which goes through the changes that may be needed and this might also help you identify where any issues are in your setup:
https://docs.treepl.co/extras/migrating-to-advanced-payment-flow#secDifference4

If still unsure can you post the Form code here.

Regarding the Event Groups and Items; think of it like the Blog module (with ā€˜Blogsā€™ and ā€˜Blog Postsā€™), where you can have multiple Blogs each with their own Posts. Same with Events, you can have multiple Event Groups each containing their own Events.
For example; you might have Online Events and Physical Events, so you can enter these in their own Groups.
NOTE: The Event listing is set to show only Items by default, so if you want to add Groups you need to switch to the Tree view.

Thanks Adam Iā€™ll have a go at that and read the new docs.

My events are working and booking correctly. I am allowing multiple allocations and have changed the form to include this:

<label for="allocations">Number of places</label> <select id="allocation" type="text" name="Payment_ItemQuantity" data-event_one_item_price="{{this.paymentAmount}}" > <option value="1">1</option> <option value="2">2</option> <option value="3">3</option> <option value="4">4</option> </select>

I would like to display the number of seats booked in the auto response but canā€™t see how to get that. Iā€™ve tried using this

{{this.formSubmissionData}}

but I canā€™t get the submitted seating allocation.

Any idea how to achieve this?

Hi @doodlefish. This info would be available in the {{this.order}} object. But currently thatā€™s not available in the Autoresponder. Hopefully, in this coming release it might be made availableā€¦
As a work-around, you could add a custom field to your form, hide it in the form layout and upon clicking the submit button, using javascript, you could copy the seats value to it. Then youā€™ll have this field available in the formSubmissionData object.

thanks Adam - Iā€™ll try that.