Feedback Wanted: Template/Module/Site sharing Marketplace Support

Hi All,

I’d love to hear your feedback on this idea. I’m not sure if it’s even feasible or wanted, so I wanted to check in with other partners.
This idea has come up in discussions a few times and I don’t see an official backlog request for this. I would love to see Treepl develop the ability for an integration that would allow Partners to sell modules/custom modules/templates/entire website.

I could see this happening two ways:

1. an API that would allow an ecommerce store to transfer a module/site/template to another partner when sold in an ecommerce store on a site.
  2. a Treepl hosted marketplace where Partners could post template sites/ modules etc for sale. After sale then then a copy of a site/module could be tranferred to a different partner.

I’d love to hear other ideas and feedback on this potential feature. Did I miss something critical? Have you got a better idea? Please post in the comments below. If there is interest I’ll work on fleshing out proper backlog request.

Please vote below so I can gauge interest:

• I would be interested in creating templates/sites/modules for sale to other partners
  • I would be interested in purchasing templates/sites/modules from other partners
  • I would prefer a Treepl hosted solution
  • I would prefer the ability to sell templates/sites/modules from my own ecommerce store
  • I’m not interested in this idea and I wouldn’t use it.

0 voters

1 Like

Beside the marketplace, an online course platform with videos on using Treepl, Liquid etc… I feel is needed. (Similar to BC Gurus). Not sure how future partners will be able to learn Treepl or want to invest in a platform without. I know back in 2010, without BC Gurus I don’t think we would have signed up for BC. Someone thinking about doing this may want to consider Thinkific as the platform.

@JFK I agree that a course platform is needed. I think there’s probably room on the Treehouse site for that kind of thing, assuming they wanted to expand in that direction. I think having some kind of income associated with creating courses would probably motivate partners to create this kind of content. Probably worth starting a dedicated thread if there’s interest in that.

Interesting topic. Following

1 Like

A “Treepl Gurus” platform was/is actually part of a business plan I wrote last year, but the infrastructure is not there yet (being able to install trial sites on other partners portals for example). I really believe that platforms like that will be key to Treepl’s success as a thriving eco system.
There could be multiple marketplaces for free and paid modules. We would also like to offer courses and trainings

1 Like

This type of ecosystem would surely help the growth of Treepl and open up access for more users.
Just to note; it is my goal to have general user guides for the CMS in the documentation as well as a fairly comprehensive Liquid course (free).
But definitely, a marketplace for more specific tutorials, code snippets, templates, etc. would be of huge benefit. Whether this is Treepl run, or community/Treehouse run, or totally independent, I don’t know.
For me, the legal and monetary side of things is the biggest barrier with running something like this.
I’d be keen to discuss your ideas on this @TimL

2 Likes