Form reCAPTCHA validation error not passed

Hi,

One of our clients notified us this week of a reCAPTCHA validation error that a customer of theirs received when completing a form on their site. We needed to go into the backend and manually update the reCAPTCHA to v3 and replace the code in the form and all the other forms on this site.

This site was developed around 8 months ago, does this mean we need to go into all our Treepl sites and check then update the reCAPTCHA code on all the forms to avoid them pulling up this error?

Could be me but I can’t remember being notified about this, has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Both v2 and v3 reCAPTCHA work so you can opt to use either one.
However, v2 did have some issues originally with timing out and new scripts were introduced to combat this. So it could be that this site still had the older implementation of v2 perhaps?

In saying this, there is always an off chance that either v2 or v3 (or any other web technology) could throw an error at some point due to various factors.

In my experience, I’d recommend upgrading to v3 though and I haven’t experienced any issues with it so far.

1 Like

Adam, we are often using 2 forms on one page, EG: one Login form and one Sign up form. From your experience does v3 reCAPTCHA work on one page with 2 x forms with 2 x v3 reCAPTCHA? Thanks.

Yes, 2 forms on the one page using v3 works fine.
Although, login forms (and other system forms) currently require/support v2 only so for login you need to use v2.

I haven’t tested 2 forms on the one page if one is v2 and the other is v3 though, but this setup shouldn’t be a problem either.

1 Like