How to delete a site?

I have a site on the business plan. It’s coming up for renewal, but the client is not renewing. How do I delete a site and prevent site renewal fees from being charged automatically?

One of my favourite clients who I’d done work for since 2005 decided to close down at the end of 2019. I informed Treepl that I wouldn’t be renewing their site, and I went into PayPal and disabled the recurring payment which I did two months before it was due. According to PayPal, “To update or cancel your agreement with Upgrade Parade, LLC, log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile and click “My Money”. Your agreement is in “My Pre-approved Payments”.”

1 Like

Thanks @hopestew, that was very helpful.

It looks like they’ve changed their site structure a bit. I’m posting the updated way to find this for other’s reference.

Paypal’s documentation on how to view pre-approved payments

Here’s how to view your preapproved payment information:

1. Click the Settings icon next to “Log out” and select Account Settings .
  2. Click Money, banks and cards under “Business Profile” on the left of the page.
  3. Click Set Automatic Payments in the “Automatic payments” section.
  4. Click the agreements you want to view.
  5. At the top of the page click cancel
  6. Click confirm

What happens to the site when it doesn’t get renewed? Does it become a trial site, or does it automatically get deleted on the renewal date?

Mine disappeared from the Partner Portal. I did, however, take backups of all the files and custom modules before hand. If you want it to revert to being a trial site, you would have to ask Treepl whether they are willing to do this for you.

From the Treepl Portal can you “copy a site” under the Actions sections to keep it as a backup? I am hoping this completely copies a site like it did in BC to allow for easy duplication of sites. BC used to market this as a great way to copy sites if you were working with a franchise.

@JFK yes it looks to be a complete site copy in my experience. Even the CRM contacts and cases are maintained.
The only data I’ve noticed that isn’t copied is the domain name/s added to the site and domain name related settings (which makes sense), admin users are removed, and I think all integrated services like Google Analytics and Mailchimp API settings are removed (and probably payment gateway settings too although I haven’t tested this).

I guess the fact that CRM data records are copied over is good and bad. Bad from a franchise point of view, as a new franchise site would probably not want to have the data of another location but may be useful as a backup tool for treepl partners. Ideally having the option to copy records would be best.

Also this would be the case if you were building and copying sites with an industry… You would not want to move the records data.

1 Like

Just a quick update here. Apparently the correct way to do this is to contact Treepl support and they will cancel the payment.

If you just cancel the renewal on the Paypal side, then Treepl support will reach out to you to see why you are cancelling the renewal.