Is Support telling me correct info -- 1st site launched

We launched our first site on Treepl and see 2 issues that support is giving me info on and I want to make sure I am getting (we all are) the same info.

First Question. In the admin portal under Settings | Domains – I am seeing the Treepl site is listed as the site Default indicated by a green dot next to the domain name [mysite.treepl.co] – for the regular domain listed above [mysite.com] with no green dot listed next to it. This seems weird, but support is telling me this is normal. Can others verify if their live is set up the same way.

2nd Question - About 4 days ago I setup Google Analytics by following all the directions. No stats are coming through yet on Treepl Admin, but are coming through in the actaul GA account. I am only seeing the following error messages in 4 spots on the Treepl Admin panel

“Data column(s) for axis #1 cannot be of type string×”

Support is telling me everyone sees this in the beginning. Is this true does everyone see it or just some, when will the data start showing normally.

First: Congratulations! 1st site on a new system is always special! I have the same default domain setting on all my sites. It doesn’t seem to be relevant so far; e.g. sitemap xml is using the proper domain. The only thing you might have to consider is the forward from domain.tld to www.domain.tld: This was recommended on BC and easy to implement there but you need to ask Treepl support to do it if you want it for your Treepl site as well.
Regarding Analytics: It’s true that the data needs some time to come in on the dashboard, 4 days seems to be bit long though. Wait for another day and come back here if the problem persists so we can figure out what the reason might be.

Hi @TimL or anyone else who can help with the Analytics on dashboard. It has now been 10 days and still getting an Analytics error on the dashboard "Data column(s) for axis #1 cannot be of type string×”

My Analytics account on Google Analytics is working fine… so not sure what I did wrong… tried to follow all the directions… … I do see some other people had the same error but no mention of the outcome…

Any ideas on ow to fix? Would love to be able to show the client the dashboard, but can’t with these errors.

Hi @JFK. Some things to try:

• re-add both the view id and json file.
  • Ensure the view id hasn’t been copied with any trailing space at the end.
  • check no ad-blockers are affecting the dashboard (use incognito mode or test in another browser)

@Adam.Wilson I think it was my json file I messed up on… but definitely not sure what to do with that .json file. Is it my “Private Key ID” that I want – which is about 45 characters or is it the “private Key” which is thousands of characters. I still have the .json but I don’t recall doing anything with the entire file. it just download to my computer and it opened in Dreamweaver when I clicked it.

I put the private key id that is about 45 characters into the system but that seems hidden now. So I guess if I made a mistake it was probably in the “Service Account Key File” that gets enter into Treepl. What exactly is that? is that the actual .json file? and if so what do I enter in that field in Treepl?

You actually upload the whole file in Treepl.
So where you add Tracking id, View id, and upload json file.

Hi @Adam.Wilson @TimL

That did it! Just had to re-add (or add for first time) the actual .json file — not sure what made me think differently when going through the documentation on the “service account key file” – I guess the word “file” should have given it away :slight_smile: that I should add a file and not a number… Anyways …stats showed up right after I added the .json file…

Thank you both for taking the time to answer questions — having a community (as we did in BC) was the main reason I joined Treepl

2 Likes