Is there a way for automated FTP backup of entire site?

Hey @Jerry_Dever

@alex mentioned this as a specific example flow that they are considering. I’m not sure if that means it’s coming up soon, but it’s definitely on their mind. I’ll let the Treepl team comment as to where that is in their priority queue right now.

One thing to note is that that this is in the public backlog but it has not votes from partners. I know it is an important feature, but I think people have other priorities for their few votes. Backups don’t get (most) clients unfortunately, ecommerce/integration features do.

The good news is that there is a page roll back feature that is in the top voted items, which will address the “somebody messed it up” case. My understanding is that once the masterplan is complete, then Treepl will focus on items in the backlog based on votes, so hopefully it will be developed soon.

In the mean time I’ve kind of jerry-rigged a solution. It’s definitely not perfect, but it does capture most of the data I need to go back and restore for the last 30/180 days. I’ve documented it in this forum post. . I still would love to see a backup option that directly deposits all website files and module/database data into a dropbox (or similar) folder. It would give me good piece of mind.

3 Likes