Location detection, map radius on search and Google Maps integration

Hello All!

I have a client who is considering Treepl CMS for a site rebuild and migration. The website is: https://www.stopainclinical.com/ When you click Where to Buy > Locate a Healthcare Pro Near You (you can see in the URL string where it identifies your location) - and does Treepl have an answer for the mile radius thing and results based on the mileage radius selection? If anyone can share some resources or information on whether or not I can pull something off like this in Treepl CMS, I would greatly appreciate it. I can also submit a support ticket, but thought I’d ask here first so I don’t bother the team :wink:

Thank you in advance!

• Ryan

I think @Peter-Schmidt has done something like this on Treepl. You need to have the location data (longitude, latitude) in a custom module. The rest is done with JS and the Google Maps API on the front end. There is also a plugin available on Themeforest which replicates that functionality. @Peter-Schmidt , do you still have the URL for this one somewhere?

1 Like

Thank you for the reply here @TimL! @Peter-Schmidt , if you have an example that you can send me, that would be excellent! Also, would you be available to take this portion of the project on if I sell this project? It might be nice to have a hand with this on the first go-around since I’ve never done this before?

Thank you both for your help!

• Ryan

Hi @StudioRTP - yeah actually I send you the link on slack before I saw that @TimL posted :ok_hand:t2: Let me know if you can use it and I will gladly help you if it is needed :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hello @Peter-Schmidt - thank you so much! I’m headed to Slack to check it out right now. I’ll also have the client take a look and if it’s what they are looking for and I can sell the project, I will definitely be reaching out to see if you’re available to quote the project. Thank you again!!