I’m into a meeting on this topic.
For those that haven’t been in the meetings, some context:
- Once Treepl has completed it’s master plan (i.e. matching BC features 1:1) it’s going to be looking to the community for direction in terms of development, meaning that our votes are going to carry more weight.
- The voting system is going to be changed and brought into the partner portal
A couple of thought as preamble.
Some of the ideas discussed previously were:
- more votes per partner vs keeping number of votes the same
- allowing partners to user more than one of their votes on a feature
- allowing partners with more sites/sites on higher plans to have some extra votes because they are more invested, and understand the platform better so would vote in ways that best benefit the platform
- allowing unlimited votes
One key consideration is what our goals as partners are with this voting system.
- each partner is represented
- we want the features that are most valuable to most partners/clients to be developed
For your consideration:
- Is it important that partners who are more invested in the platform (either by number of sites or value of plans) get more say?
Out of all this, the one recommendation I feel strongly about is increasing the number of votes each partner has. The reason I think this is a good idea is that allowing partners more votes allows there to be a better distribution of votes across features, reducing noise and creating a broader funnel of features. My suggestion would be 10 votes per partner.
I’m a bit skeptical about allowing partners to use all of their votes on one feature. I just don’t know what effect this would have. I’m concerned that a small number of users could band together and push features that are in their specific interest rather than the greater interest of all partners.
If anybody has a background in psephology or statistics I would love to get some insight on challenge.
I look forward to hearing everybody’s input and discussion. I think it’s really exciting to have a say in the development of a platform.