Opening up Stripe integration for more payment methods

At the moment, Treepl’s integration of Stripe is limited to credit card payments only. But Stripe’s APIs offers many more popular payment methods: Payment method integration options | Stripe Documentation

Partners can add their payment method of choice in this thread. I’ll start with:

• SOFORT (EU)
  • SEPA direct debit (EU)
  • Afterpay (AUS)

@SiroccoDigital’s backlog request (Stripe Integration to include Afterpay) should be combined with this one, @Peter-Schmidt.

I find this feature essential for Treepl if the plattform wants to be a competitive product on the eCommerce SaaS marketplace. Client’s won’t be able to evolve their business if they can’t offer their customer’s the most popular payment method in their particular region.
Stripe seems to be ideal for this purpose as it integrates new payment API’s in their portfolio when needed.
But the Treepl team gave me feedback that it might not be possible to add new payment methods to the current Stripe integration.
So this backlog request serves for the team to see if the Stripe integration should be overhauled as partners need more API’s to be integrated in the future.

2 Likes

Great @TimL - Will wait a bit to add it to the public backlog to see what other payment methods are added from partners, as you mentioned :+1:

@TimL @Peter-Schmidt Would be great if Ideal and Bancontact (Stripe bank redirect) would be added, conversions depend on this in our area (Netherlands/Belgium)
(As for now, our migrated BC E-commerce sites have a strongly reduced conversion rate, which causes our clients to look for alternatives, so there is some urgency for migrated sites.)

Hey @Gert_Dobbenberg_Vita, yes, I think it’s difficult to build competetive eCommerce solutions in Europa if we can’t integrate popular payment methods included in Stripe. Customers just don’t check out hence conversion goes down.
The sad thing about it is that so much work has been invested by the Treepl team (and also the community through testing and bug reporting) to build that wonderful eCommerce module and I really would like to go out there and advertise Treepl as powerfull eCommerce solution for all kinds of shops, but the Stripe integration seems to be a bottleneck.

Adding my 2 cents here, I have 3 clients seeking Afterpay so extending Stripe to provide this option would be a very worthwhile feature for Treepl to have.

1 Like