Paid Subscriptions... do we know when this will be available?

Hey Treepl team… just putting in a bid for a new client site that will require paid subscriptions… do we have an estimated date for completion of this backlogged item?

I want to put them on Treepl, but if it isn’t available until say September, I may need to put them on another platform.

Thanks,
Aaron

Hi Treepl, like Aaron, I need this feature ASAP. I’ve already sold our next (new) customer on Paid Subscriptions to Secure Zones, they should go live this week. It would be great to accelerate this item. I’ll look for it on the Public Backlog as well. Cheers all! Scott

1 Like

Currently we are planning to release this feature on September 11 in best case scenario and on October 23 in worst case scenario.

1 Like

Oh, this is quite late… hmmm… noted.

Hey Aaron, let’s keep the pressure up on this item. Treepl community, if you’re watching this thread - please vote up secure zone subscriptions on the public backlog… Cheers all! Scott

1 Like

Ya, can we get some more votes here people!!! Thanks in advance.

Are you able to tell us how the renewals for a paid subscription might work on Treepl?
I’m hanging out for this feature also.

I’m afraid we do not have too much detail at this point.

Just jumping in here - catching up with what the platform has to offer (day 1 for me so lots to read through) . I can’t find much int he way on docs regarding this but it seems to be there in some fashion on forms? Can someone provide clarify for me on current and future status of subscriptions? - thanks!

Hi @DMorgan. Welcome to the forum!
Secure Zone documentation has just recently gone live here:
https://docs.treepl.co/documentation_group/content-modules/secure-zones

As for paid memberships, this feature is not technically available yet, although you can collect payments via forms so you could take a payment for a secure zone signup (payments via Stripe currently).
Then using secure zone expiry dates combined with email marketing you could prompt renewals through another payment/subscribe form. Or manage the recurring billing externally and cancel memberships when payments fail/stop.

eCommerce is being developed right now and has begun rolling out, and will continue over the next month or two I guess. This should bring other payment gateways and perhaps more ways to deal with a paid subscription type setup, along with custom CRM capabilities.

More on Forms here:
https://docs.treepl.co/documentation_group/content-modules/forms
https://docs.treepl.co/documentation_group/liquid/formsubmissiondata-object

And for working with member status/data these will be helpful:
https://docs.treepl.co/documentation_group/liquid/request-object
https://docs.treepl.co/documentation_group/liquid/member-object

We really need paid subscriptions up and running asap as we have clients waiting to move to the system but are waiting on this one piece of functionality.

As part of this we are trying to work out how to move over the current recurring billing payments to Treepl. For example with Eway they said we can download the token customer id which we could potentially use with the CMS to charge stored card details. This would stop clients having to go back to every customer they have and obtaining their credit card details all over again.

Would this be double in Treepl and what sort of timing is this release as I note it was originally planned for launch in October and clients are asking when they can plan for migration.

1 Like

We’re planning to implement this feature after eCommerce is live.

I can’t seem to find any documentation for the paid subscriptions - is there some hidden away somewhere?

I’m trying to make something where clients are emailed via mailchimp when renewals are due and they can log in and renew (or even better, renew without logging in first)

Can either scenario be achieved with Treepl?

Documentation for Secure Zones is here: Secure Zones

If you are not using the built-in recurring subscription functionality then there may need to be some manual steps involved.
You could subscribe them to a List in MailChimp and use their automation tools for the notification. But this may not be reliable as the user may not opt-in or later opt-out.

Also, if not using the recurring subscription functionality, there is not really any “renewal” process in place. So I guess this would be more of a general re-subscription to the same zone (or perhaps a second zone).
But I’m not sure how that would work exactly.

Thanks Adam.

The documentation is lacking information about the cancellation of recurring payment etc for secure zones. I vaguely recall there being some information released about a link that could be rendered to allow members to cancel stripe subscriptions themselves but can’t find any info about it.

From what I can gather, we may be able to use the “free” secure zone signup with payment for renewals to allow members to pay and have their expiry date moved forwards, but the client must be logged in, which prevents ‘expired’ members from renewing due to the " customer with this email already exists " on secure zone subscription forms when not logged in.

It would be fantastic if a form could be flagged somehow as a “renewal” type form so that it allows people to make a payment and have their expiry set to a new value without being logged in and without getting the error that they exist already…

There was recently a feature added for “Stripe Customer Portal” which is outlined int he release notes (for: v 6.1 Release date: 30 Jun, 2021).
However, I believe this works for recurring subscription setup within Treepl.
If you are using a free zone subscription there is no recurrence or renewals/cancellations.

You’re right, that must be where I came across that information.

In the case this will help someone, regarding the renewals:

If you try to change the password during a renewal - it will say the person already exists. This is great, because it prevents me “renewing” with someone else’s details and being logged in as them by simply paying the renewal fee - good security protection for members.

If you enter and confirm the existing password - it works and you are renewed, but not logged in - the expiry can be changed so long as “type” of secure zone is “Free Access” and “Subscription Expiry Date” is “Not specified”.

If there’s no password field, and the same settings as above, you can renew without being logged in.

If you are logged in, the renewal works with no password fields and the above settings.

If a password field and confirm password field are included on the form, the passwords must match the current password (can’t be new)

New passwords, even when logged in will prompt the “user exists” alert.

Knowing this should allow what we’re trying to do.

This is great @Neido
I’ll make note of this for when updating the Secure Zone docs with more info around subscriptions.

Just to clarify, in your particular case, when you say “renewal” you mean adjust/progress their secure zone expiry date using the <input type="date" id="SZ_ExpiryDate" name="SZ_ExpiryDate" > field?

1 Like

Yes, essentially this but with payment fields and whatever method of selecting the “right” payment method to handle costings (liquid based on logged in member / url parameter, Javascript or hardcoding etc)

The expiration date can be updated in the above circumstances.

1 Like