RE: the new site launch process. Only need to update A record on go-live/launch day?

Is it true that we can go through the entire billing and go-live process ahead of time, and then on go-live day we just need to update the A record?

I mean yeah sure.

The last step is detecting the A record… so if you hold off that technically would be true.

However I have no idea of the mechanism they use for record detection - If it times out after a certain period of time etc. May have to confirm with the team on this one.

Thanks @James.

Th reason I’m asking is that I have a site launch coming up with a client’s internal IT. I’m just wondering how much co-ordination I need to do. With the SSL key authentication back and forth, I pretty much needed to be on the phone or chat with them. I just want to confirm whether or not that’s changed.

OH!
I’ve done one using a clients IT department. Basically all you need to send through is a set of A records that the launch procedure generates and then Google Search Console TXT records (if you do that as well).

You can just send it off and close the window. Treepl will keep checking the domain until those records exist.

1 Like

@James Thanks. That answers my questions. I’m so happy that it’s going to be easier now.

re: “Generates Search Console TXT records” is new. I wonder why that is. Which GSC account does the site get associated with? Do we have access to that account or do we still have to generate a TXT record to add it to our own GSC? Or does that somehow take the place of setting up a service account and getting that added to Google Analytics and adding the tracking/view ID?

@Alex_B_Centrifuge No Treepl doesnt generate GSC, (I probably missed a comma somewhere) - Just use your own or what ever account you create.

Was more just me noting that to save you having to send multiple emails to the IT company… have both the Treepl A recs and GSC TXT rec ready and then send them both at the same time :slight_smile:

@James Oh yes I misread what you typed.

Good call. I usually try to bundle GSC txt record with other record changes to IT, otherwise it never happens.