SEO Improvements to Treepl Platform Request

Hello,

Our SEO team would like to request some features to improve Treepl CMS.

Some of the biggest things we’ve run into thus far include the following:
1. Having a place for canonical URLs to be set per page/post (and for that to default to the actual page/post url…this way it can be overridden, but has a default value)
2. Having a place to set alt text for images that are part of the customizable interface

Our SEO team would love to see the ability for:
1. A separate place for header/footer scripts that are separate from the actual theme/design
2. A specific place for 301 redirects
3. Places that have FAQ would automatically write FAQ schema markup to the page (automation is cool)

I am posting this here per Violetta’s request and look forward to the improvements being made on the platform.

Much gratitude,
Linné

A lot of this can already be done.

1. Canonical URL - in the <head> just add
{% if this.canonicalLink == null %}
  <link rel="canonical" href=“{{request.request_url.origin}}{{request.request_url.path}}">
{% end if %}

This will add the tag based on the page url path if the canonical field in the page SEO tab is empty.

ie: Default title | Domain.com

1. alt text for images

This does need improvement. I guess it depends on how you are working with images. If you are using the WYSIWYG editor if you use the Insert image a pop up box with appear after you select your image and allow you to enter alt text.

1. separate place for header/footer scripts

You can use Snippets found in the Content menu or an include for this and many other things. They are similar but the include the file is in the file manager. Good if your client is editing the site and you don’t want them to have access to some things.

Include: {% include "/content/includes/sales-nav.inc" %}
This is just a file with .inc file extension. It can contain html, javascript, etc.

1. for 301 redirects
    Not sure what you are looking for here but the URL Redirect module under Settings. These show up as 301.

2. FAQ schema
    This can be done on the FAQ Questions Layout List template under settings. Adding the schema in ld+json format, you can use liquids to construct the data. I don’t use the built-in FAQ module. I usually build one with custom modules. Then I can create a page for each.

Example:

<script type="application/ld+json">
{
  "@context": "https://schema.org",
  "@type": "FAQPage",
  "mainEntity": [{
    "@type": "Question",
    "name": "{{this['Name']}}",
    "acceptedAnswer": {
      "@type": "Answer",
      "text": "{{this['Description']}}"
    }
  }]
}
</script>

Hope that helps. Maybe someone else has some other or better ways to do these things.

2 Likes