Seo Title changed to Meta Title also in Liquid properties

Version 3.2 brought a change to the SEO section changing the ‘SEO Title’ field name to ‘Meta Title’.
I’d like to see this passed through to the Liquid property naming also for consistency.
ie:
{{this.metatitle}}

We may need both {{this.seotitle}} (old) and {{this.metatitle}} (new) available for backwards compatability, or perhpas some sort of alise can be made in the background???

1 Like

@vlad.z - Should I add this to the public backlog, or will you include it in next/future sprints? :slight_smile:

Yes. It’s a minor feature but it will generate one more property to liquid object… So we need to see if this change gets support from other partners.

Could seotitle be depreciated somehow so that it’s still available for use but doesn’t display in the list of Liquid properties? Or can it somehow be aliased to metatitle in the background?

Just thinking to the future as this situation my come up more as things get readjusted and properties are depreciated or expanded upon.
Would be nice to have a clean way of handling this sort of thing perhaps?

Ok - I will add it to the backlog then.
As @Adam.Wilson mentioned I guess it would be nice to have a “way” of doing this in the future, since otherwise it can get real “messy” when these do not “align” :slight_smile:

Added here: https://treepl.co/public-backlog-state/request/change-seo-title-to-meta-title-in-liquid-properties