Stripe/forms/gateway clarification

Bit of an office debate going on - Just need to confirm, Can we currently:

a) Take payments on forms using stripe
b) Take payments on events using stripe
c) Is stripe currently setup as a payment gateway or is it something else that is just tacked onto a form
d) Take payments for secure zone access.

Sorry i have been out of the loop for a little bit and would like some clarity on the above. I think the confusion is coming from if stripe, in its current implementation, is a payment gateway or something else.

@James Stripe is a payment gateway. One of my clients has been taking payments on forms since their site went live in April. While I was building the website, I could set the forms to ā€˜test modeā€™ to test the whole process without any real charges needing to be made. These test purchases even showed up in my clientā€™s Stripe account. Very handy for checking out the user experience, automated emails, workflow notices, etc.

@hopestew : you mentioned ā€˜test modeā€™ on forms to test stripe payments. How did you put a form in ā€œtest modeā€?

Iā€™m trying to put through test card numbers (from stripeā€™s documentation) and am getting the following error:

ā€œYour card was declined. Your request was in live mode, but used a known test card.ā€

Note: I have put test api keys in Settings > Payment

@hopestew ā€¦and figured it out. I originally had live keys in, then changed to test. Need to update the key in settings AND on the form.

Ugh.

Disregard my question! :wink:

@Derek_Barnes I had the opposite problem. When I wanted to go from test mode to live mode, I changed the key in the settings but didnā€™t realise I had to change the key in each of the forms as well. Glad you worked it out!

1 Like

Where does the Stripe key go inside the form? Iā€™m having trouble with payment form for Secure Zone. On submit, it says ā€œForm submission is in progressā€ for about 10minutes, then it just re-loads the form.

Hi @craigwhitlock, the API keys for payment gateways go under ā€˜Settingsā€™ > ā€˜Paymentā€™ in the main Admin menu. These arenā€™t added manually to the form code anymore.

ā€œForm submission is in progressā€ though, sounds like a BC validation error.
Is this a BC migration still with the BC validation script in place (which should be ok), but it may be a JS issue rather than a payment gateway related issue.

If you can post a link to your form that might help too.

Thank you for your time @Adam.Wilson.

Payment form for secure zone (Stripe Test API keys):
" https://unitedstrokealliance.treepl.co/subscribe-now-what-videos "

BC migration, but by hand, built from Treepl template. I very well may accidentally have a javascript remnant from BC though. Ugh.

Submitting form does add a contact/user to the CRM after quite some time. But the user is not subscribed to the secure zone & payment is not processed unfortunately.

There are a few JS errors on that page (check your browser console) so Iā€™d try resolving those first to eliminate those.
Particularly the script under your form and the stray closing form tag:
Iā€™d probably remove that script altogether for now.

Being that itā€™s a subscribe form, you may need to add recaptcha v2ā€¦ but since itā€™s a payment form this then shouldnā€™t be requiredā€¦ not sure on that one :slight_smile:

Also, double check youā€™re form settings is configured with the Secure Zone applied.

Thank you!!! Yes, Form settings are definitely configured with Secure Zone applied.

I have tried with and without ReCaptcha v3, numerous times. The default was without, so assumed I didnā€™t need it. Note - that code you show in red is actually within a ā€œ{%comment-%} {endcomment-%}ā€. Iā€™d better be careful with that.

Hmmm, if that code was in a Liquid comment then the comment wasnā€™t working because it should not have rendered to the page for me to be able to see it. So something is amiss there. Perhaps the formatting of the Liquidā€¦? Anyway, not to worry. Just remove that for now.

Also, secure zone subscription forms (without payments) require recaptcha v2 (v3 is not compatible yet). So maybe try adding v2 if the above doesnā€™t help.