Treehouse Meeting #23

Open meeting on 7-8th July Check your timezone here.

We’ll start the discussion off with the new v6 of course and we’d like to check in with everyone regarding your migrations and where you’re at with your clients.

If anyone has some tips/insight to share that you’ve learnt throughout this bumpy EOL ride regarding managing clients and client retention, I’m sure we’d all like to learn too.

On that note, there is a poll to complete if you’re able:

Where do your lost clients go? (choose up to 3)
  • Wordpress
  • Shopify
  • Squarespace
  • Wix
  • Duda
  • Other (feel free to note in the comments)

0 voters

Otherwise, bring your questions, thoughts, gripes and/or ideas, it’s an open discussion.

Hope you can make it and I look forward to catching up with everyone next week!

3 Likes

Ok, so slight change of plans…

Due to the previously announced Treehouse date being the same date as the v6.1 rollout to Live sites, it’s probably best to move our meeting a week forward.

So the next Treehouse meeting will now be in 2 weeks time.
Sorry for the confusion :slight_smile:

Check the Treehouse website for your timezone details: Treehouse Online Meetings | Treepl CMS Partner Community

2 Likes

Another date change

So sorry to do this again… but Treehouse will be postponed one more week due to v6 rollout.
But we won’t postpone again. I promise!

Really sorry to mess everyone around, next Treehouse meeting will now be in 1 week, rain, hail, or snow.

Check the Treehouse website for your timezone details: Treehouse Online Meetings | Treepl CMS Partner Community

Treehouse Meeting #23 Zoom link for tomorrow:
Launch Meeting - Zoom

2 Likes

Treehouse Meeting #23 Recording

Topics Discussed:

0:00:00
v6.1.3 Intro/Summary

0:01:31
Lessons Learned

0:08:27
Poll / Lost Clients / Other Platforms

0:16:46
v6.1.3 Rollout experience so far

0:22:36
Going live with v6.1.3 and v6.1.4 rollout

0:26:50
General Chat

1 Like

Hi everyone, sorry I missed our Treehouse meeting. I did want to attend this one as I have lost many clients to other platforms.

First I need to preface my post by saying that I am a marketing strategist with some elementary level front-end development skills so I am speaking from this point of view.

It is my opinion that since this COVID-19 Pandemic the request for E-commerce sites has risen dramatically and already successful platforms like Woo Commerce/WordPress and Shopify have done really well focusing on the E-commerce side of their platforms since the beginning. I understand that WE Treepl Partners and the Treepl Team recognized that we needed a platform quickly to replace Adobe BC and its functionality.

I believe that now is the time to shift some focus towards killing it with the E-commerce functionality and Secure Zones. (just my two cents - you will notice I added a few Treepl Backlog requests) I urge everyone to put their e-commerce hats on and go through the backlog and vote to prioritize e-commerce and CRM/Secure Zone functionality to bring us in line with other platforms where we are currently losing clients to. (i.e. WordPress/Woo-Commerce and Shopify)

As always I am open to feedback, ideas and for this discussion to continue.

-Gilles

1 Like

Thanks @CmonGo. I agree e-commerce is definitely in more demand, and not just in the sense of shopping carts, but all kinds on online transactions. Event/Class bookings, Secure/Content access, custom payments, etc. which of course ties in with good CRM management (or at least flexible connectivity with 3rd party CRMs and tools).

1 Like