Trigger Workflow from Custom Module Add/Edit form

I am requesting the implementation of the Workflow Trigger (described here in Treepl Documentation) available in the Forms Module to be available in Custom Module Add/Edit Forms. To clarify this is for the Custom Module Add or Edit User submitted forms on the front end of the site.

This would have the same function and benefit as it currently does in the Forms Module.

i am currently developing a site that has a custom module where we wanted to trigger a workflow based on the author and another field selection. I found out this functionality is not available for Custom Module Forms.

I havn’t tried this myself, but the docs you have linked to mention that you can also trigger Add/Edit/Delete workflows for custom modules this way. Did you try this and is it not working for you, @Rhatch?

Yep, support and Taras say it’s a feature only available on Forms Module and not custom modules. I tried it on a couple of sites with no success. I guess the Doc is wrong or the creature was and now isn’t available.

Ah, I see. @Adam.Wilson, you might need to check this one out then ;-).

You can configure Workflows for Custom Modules in the Custom Module’s Settings. It’s in the Site User Permissions section.

You can have a different workflow for Add, Edit & Delete processes and configure if approval is required.

The process works well.

Yep, doing that but that’s not what I want. I want to be able to select the correct workflow from the form based on form criteria.

Thanks @TimL I’ve removed that note from the docs now.
I’m 99% sure that this functionality was available in v5 though :frowning:

@Eugene - Has this been possible before in V5? Just wanted to check if this is actually “just” a bug that can be fixed relatively easy, and you can do it in upcoming sprints or if I should add it to the public backlog? :slight_smile:

As I know this hasn’t been possible in the v5. I think this should be added to the public backlog.

Thanks @Eugene
Added here: Trigger Workflow from Custom Module Add/Edit form