Unable to Create and Save New Blog Layout and Blog Post Layout in Admin

I am unable to create or save new Blog Layout and Blog Post Layout on the Layout Blog settings in Admin, is anyone else having the same issue? I am working on a client’s dev site so its not a live site. I have submitted a ticket but still not have heard back about it, I was told the engineers are still looking into the issue.

When I create a new Blog Layout or Blog Post Layout through the Layout, I click SAVE button, it turns grey (to indicate its in the process of saving) but then it just goes back to a Blue button. When I try to navigate away from the editor, it would say that Changes are not saved, do you want to continue? I hit yes, and I go back into the panel without it creating the new Blog Layout or Blog Post Layout I tried to create.

Also tried to upload them via the FTP > Content > ModuleLayouts > System > Blog or BlogPost directories, however with mixed results. Only sometimes would the uploaded files appear in Admin, most cases they do not, but randomly one of several test uploads would appear in either Blog Layout or Blog Post Layout of the Admin.

Any help or guidance with this issue would be appreciated.

@wsimarkg Just did a test and I’m not able to replicate. After creating a post I get a notification “layout created”.

Re FTP upload only appearing sometimes, I’ve never experienced this either.

Sorry I can’t help with a solution, but at least I can confirm that this isn’t a general issue.

Sounds like a legitimate bug you’ve got there. Hopefully @treepl gets back to you soon.

1 Like

Thank you Alex for giving it a go!

It seems it may be isolated to my dev site, perhaps a corruption somewhere that is limiting me from creating custom layouts for the blog site. Still waiting on a firm answer as to what could be causing it from @treepl and hopefully they get back to me soon.

@wsimarkg sounds like a deeper bug that the Treepl team will need to look at.
But, if you are logging in as an admin user (and not as a partner) check there are no Admin User Roles turned off for your Role which might be causing permission issues.
Under ‘Settings’ > ‘Admin User Roles’

Probably not the issue, but the only thing I can think to check in this case.

1 Like

Hello @wsimarkg,
Please send me a site’s link and I will check this problem.

1 Like

Hi Eugene,

Thanks, it looks like@Treepl support has fixed the issue, not sure how though. They didn’t give me a reason of what happened or what caused the issue in the first place. They must have restored/reset something that I don’t have access to.

I just tested it and I am now able to create the custom blog modules through Admin.

I appreciate the help and assistance, but if you have any insights to the problem, could you please share in this thread?

MG

Hi Adam,

Looks like this issue has been fixed by @Treepl and I am now able to create the Blog Layout and Blog Post Layout modules under the Admin.

I think they may have had to restore/reset something on their end like you said that I do not have access to. I am curious to what had caused the issue in the first place whether it was a bug or something maye we have caused, either way I will follow up with the support ticket and find out what happened.

If they let me know the reason, I will share in this thread. Thank you for taking the time to reply and assist.

MG

Just an update to this forum post, this was the reply that @Treepl support gave our team after following up with them about the cause of the issue:

"You’re welcome. As I mentioned earlier, the issue started because of the number of tags used (~412), we cannot keep such amount of tags at this point.

Violetta @Treepl"

I don’t understand what she means by “tags used” is that referring to blog post tags (words/keywords) or the amount of characters (letters, digits, symbols, etc…) used?

On a positive note, this morning they fixed the issue and I am now able to create new and unique “Blog Layouts” and “Blog Post Layouts” under the Admin. Also able to edit the files via FTP and upload them successfully as well.

Thanks for the update @wsimarkg.

@Eugene I would be interested to know if there are issues/limitations with large numbers of tags.