Unruly link manager in WYSIWYG editor

The link manager in the WYSIWYG editor sometimes shows a quite reluctant behavior for me: A changed link is back to the old version after I’ve saved and reloaded the page. Sometimes it works after a second try. Not sure if it’s a bug or something else. Can anybody reproduce that? I’ve documented it here:

Any idea @alex.n?

Hi @TimL. I’ve just been playing with this to try and replicate it and it seems that it only happens (at least in my tests) when I click the ‘cancel’ button (or the X in top right) in the “Insert Link” dialog pop-up.
That action seems to clear the newly assigned link upon page save - even though it doesn’t display that way in the page code or link manager.
I can’t seem to replicate it any other way, so it seems the act of checking the link reverts it it’s previous saved state - unless you actually press save again in the link dialog.

1 Like

Hi @TimL,
It’s a bug, we will fix it in the next release.

1 Like

Thanks, Adam, for checking. I was thinking that there must be some odd reason why this is happening. Always good to know in case a client goes the same way, before the team is fixing it. :wink: