Using Migration Tool Killed My Site

I was almost ready to switch a site from BC to Treepl. I was making the final tweaks. In between the Code Production folks migrating the web apps for me (a few months ago) and today, my client added additional records on the BC side. To grab those records, I thought I could just use the migration tool to pull that one web app over. For some reason, I thought it would only add new items and leave the rest as-is. I guess I should have asked or researched first for clarification.

Once the one app was migrated, I found that it replaced all of the layouts with BC code. That’s issue one. I think I can get past that. The bigger issue is that it broken the rest of the site and all the other custom modules. All of the CSS is gone and all of the custom app connections are broken. The site is now unusable. About 2 hours ago, we were almost ready to launch, now, I have just about nothing and zero time to correct.

My question is this, does anyone know if Code Production will be able to roll the site back a day or two? I have certainly learned my lesson. If they are unable to roll back, I’m in a horrible situation on the client side :confused:

They do have certain levels of backup for site instances, but I’m not sure on the exact details.
Have you submitted a support ticket? I’m sure the team will be able to rectify this for you.

I have. I am anxiously waiting for a reply. You give me a little hope…

Sorry to hear that @bridge3196 - I hope that the team can help you. Wouldn’t be their first time working “miracles” :smiley:

@alex.n :crossed_fingers:

We have restored site from backup. We’ll also see what we can do about alerting users of potential destructive side effects when migrating to Treepl site that already has some content added to it.

3 Likes