Zapier Integration

Yes. Modules are:

• All System modules (Pages, Products, Blogs, Events etc)
  • All Custom modules

It would be perfect if this point will be added to the description and/or forum post linked to the public backlog request regarding Native comments

This is a very comprehensive list, but I would like to add a little more specificity for my needs. They are both specific to workflows and email communications:

EXAMPLE 1:
When a Custom Module’s “Renewal deadline” custom datefield property = “today”, it triggers a Zap.

We have a membership site and a Custom Module called “Membership”. The membership can start any day of the year. We have the following custom properties:
“Membership Status” = pending, active, expired, retired
“Effective Start Date” = the start date for that membership for that year
“Renewal Date” = “Effective Start Date” + 1 year
“Payment for Renewal Date” = records that renewal date that they are paying for (not the date the payment is made)

I would like to configure a Zap to trigger 60 days before the “Renewal Date” to trigger a Zap to send an email reminding them about the upcoming renewal and a link to pay.

Then, 30 days before the “Renewal Date”, if custom property “Renewal Date” <> (“Payment for Renewal Date”), then trigger a Zap to send another reminder email.

Then on the “Renewal Date”, if custom property “Renewal Date” <> (“Payment for Renewal Date”), change the “Membership Status” in their “Membership” Custom Module Item to “Expired” and send an email notification.

EXAMPLE 2:
When you update the CRM Member, specifically the “Member Type” property, we would like this to trigger an update to Zapier, so that we can use this property (or any custom field) as a tag in Mailchimp.

We have another membership site, and the members are categorized into sub-groups (primary member, secondary member, past leader, current leader, board member). There is a need to email the different sub-groups of members. It would be great to use the CRM to identify role or member type of each member, and when the member is added, updated, removed, then this triggers an action for Zapier to adjust the tags in Mailchimp.

1 Like

@shannonlynd There seem to features to delay zaps on the zapier side.

Would that meet your needs? As long as the all fields, including “Effective Start Date” were passed to Zapier I think this should work? What do you think?

As per the spec changing a CRM member type property should trigger Zapier under “Update CRM Member”

I’m not currently a heavy Zapier user, so I’d appreciate feedback if I’m getting that wrong.

Might be a stupid question; please excuse me, I haven’t used these forums before. I noticed that Zapier has been re-labelled as ‘lacking information’ with 0 votes on the public backlog (it previously had quite a lot of votes). Is this still being prioritised? Do we have any idea of an ETA? TIA. :slight_smile:

Hi @JAQ. Welcome to the forum!
The Backlog submission and voting system has recently be given an overhaul. Basically so that all the info and requirements can be gathered and reviewed by the community and the team for a better and more controlled outcome.
Here’s a link to the Treehouse meeting discussing this topic further:
https://youtu.be/a-33Bs9dfRU

@JAQ The treepl team also came back to the partners asking for the request to be defined further. Zapier Integration is a bit vague, there are so many things that that could be.

This forum thread represents the feedback that partners have given to flesh out this request. I’m not sure what the next step is. @alex what’s the next step?

The next step is to get estimate from the team.
@vlad.z will follow up here soon.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification everyone. :slight_smile:

The final description is updated: https://treepl.co/public-backlog-state/request/zappier-integration
The approximate quote will be provided shortly (after the closest grooming session that is scheduled for today).
Then the backlog item will be transferred to the reviewed section and will be opened for voting.

1 Like

Hi Shannon. Have you been able to get this to work? I have a similiar member site that will need a set of follow up reminders.

Is there any ETA on this, or is it possible to get access to a beta version or something? We need this to send one of our clients live; certain form submissions get sent via Zapier to Salesforce.

Not sure on ETA but it is in the “In progress” schedule on the backlog, so hopefully not too far away.

For form submission workflows in particular, I’ve managed to do Zapier integrations using the Zapier email parser ( https://parser.zapier.com/ ). It can be a little fiddly to set up but could be a temporary workaround for you.

1 Like

You are a legend Adam, thank you. Looks like that solution will work for us.

1 Like

Could something like this be set up for an order to get it into ShipStation and create a shipping label? I’m looking for a solution to create shipping labels, but Treepl doesn’t offer this. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Sure. We have access to all the data within a workflow email, so you can therefore parse it with Zapier.
The trick will be laying out the email so that Zapier accurately and consistently parses it. The more bits of data, the more fiddly it’s going to be, but it should certainly be possible.

Ok, thank you. I will test it out.

We’ve done something similar to this using a custom Gmail address that’s added to the workflow. A Gmail extension copies the email to Google Drive triggering Zapier to collect the data. Happy to share the finer details if needed.

1 Like

Thanks, yes it would be nice to hear how you worked this out. I don’t want to have to rely on Zapier too much, but if it can help for some additional functionality, that would be great.

Hello, It would be great to hear how you’ve made the Zaps work. I’m trying to get a Zap to parse an email that sends the order json to Parser > Javascript > Shipstation. It looks like the email is sent correctly, as Parser gets the data, but I’m not sure why the javascript fails (SyntaxError: Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0). Could it be that some of the values in the json are null? The javascript I’m using is:

let myjson = JSON.parse(inputData.mydata);
output = [{value: myjson}];

I’m using the “Email Body Plain” object to pull the data into the javascript. The workflow email that goes to EmailParser is:

{
	"Customer": {
		"FirstName": "{{this.Customer.Firstname}}",
		"LastName": "{{this.Customer.Lastname}}"
	},

"Order":{{this.order}}
}

Any ideas on how to get the data to work when imported would be great. Thank you.

The way I’d approach this is to use an app like mailparser.io to parse the data. i.e…

1. Send order data via workflow notification to mailparser (use the mailparser wizard to identify the fields you want). Can be read from any format but basic comma separated text is prob easiest.
  2. Have mailparser write the data to a google sheet. A new row will be added to the sheet for every new order workflow notification.
  3. Connect Zapier to trigger when a new row is added in Sheets.
  4. Modify Zapiers existing ‘Sheets to Shipstation’ Zap for your specific purpose.
    Hope that helps
1 Like