Backlog Request: Admin UI/UX Adjustments

For most modules when adding an item there is a “Save” or “Save and New” button. I would like the “Save and New” button to be there even when editing an item not just when creating a new item.
Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 3.46.21 PM

Under CRM > Form Submissions, move the “Delete All Items” to the options menu like in Custome Modules. This will prevent stupid (me) from deleting everything. I filtered responses to a form and clicked delete all items thinking it would delete all filtered items. whoops.

Current with blue “Delete All Items” button at the bottom
Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 3.46.42 PM

Proposed with it in the options menu
Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 3.45.53 PM

6 Likes

These are pretty good ideas. I second those!

@Peter-Schmidt Could you please add these to backlog, these are fabulous improvements

Hi @lee.relianceit - Yeah there are some great ideas here. I was waiting to see if other partners had any other ideas or comments before adding it :slight_smile:

Here are a couple of other items to add.

In Custom Modules under the Edit Setting menu, there are three icons

• Duplicate
  • Reindex Module
  • Search (enable/disable)
    Shown below
    Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 12.47.34 PM

Reindex Module gives you no feedback as to if it is doing anything. There needs to be some kind of “Working” message and “Complete Message”
Search (enable/disable) gives you a “Completed Message” but no “Working” message and if the module has a lot of items it takes a bit.

I assume both will process in the background but I am not sure on that either. If so it would be nice to know so I can move on to other things after triggering.

1 Like

In regards to the “Save” or “Save and New” buttons I’ve been wondering if it might also be nice to have a third “Save and Close”
This would remove the current 2step process required to get back to the module item list.

1 Like

Hi everybody (@Rhatch, @TimL, @lee.relianceit, @intrigue)
Added here: Admin UI/UX Adjustments

• Please let me know if you have anything else to this request :slight_smile:

Adding to the ‘Save…’ button:

• Save and Next (moving you to the next tab - usually the SEO tab)
  • Save and Copy (duplicating the item you just made)

Put into a combo button something like this:

5 Likes

That’s really smart!

Another simple one for the list:

Add the item preview icon at the top of item edit pages so it’s readily accessible (the current Preview link is often out of reach when you want it).

Can we also have a ‘save as draft’ option?

And I too would like the preview button moved out of the Item Settings area as I usually have that section closed. But if we get a ‘save as draft’ option then it would also be good to have a ‘preview draft’ option.

If you want the preview button to be easily accessed then I think it needs to be a sticky menu at the top. In fact, I think the whole page needs a bit of work because there is a lot of waste at the top of the admin page with that black bar that has no real use. I posted this a while back. It’s rough but it gets the point across.

https://forum.treepl.co/t/admin-ui-fixed-header/1466

Moving what’s in the current black sticky menu to the side menu would open up the top and allow for a new sticky menu based on the module. This would make things very handy as you wouldn’t have to scroll up every time you need one of these items we actually use.

This is coming in the 6.1 update: Preview And Draft Mode For Pages And Module Items

Will add the other ideas - really cool :slight_smile: