BC to Treepl app v9.1.5 Bug: sending automated emails to secure zone subscribers

We stared the migration process for one of our clients using the BC to treepl app v9.1.5.

The site includes a secure zone. During the migration process it seems that treepl has automatically sent the “Secure Zone Login Details” system email to all secure zone subscribers prompting them to reset the password. Not a good look.

Did anyone else experience the same issue?

That’s interesting … while it’s not good to have this happening unannounced, this bug/feature actually helps with the process of migration secure zones. There is a thread here about how to send out emails to secure zone subscribers after migration so they can reset their password (which they have to as they are not migrated): Migrating Adobe BC secure zone members to Treepl CMS CRM and the process?

Answer from treepl support: An email “User Area Details” is sent automatically to the user when a user is assigned to the Secure Zone. This will be disabled in 5.3.

1 Like

Answer from treepl support: This will be disabled when using the app or adding users via site admin. This will be working just fine when users are added from the front end.

Hi @Erik, we’ve just had this happen to us overnight.

I have logged a support ticket with Treepl letting them know this is still an issue.

Sorry to hear. I know this is an absolute critical issue and highly embarrassing in front of our clients.

On May 19th I urged treepl to communicate this bug with all the partners: “I also would advise to communicate this issue with the treepl community as this is very important to know when using the app.”

I was concerned that this will effect other partners and unfortunately it has.

Let me shed some light on the issue. Unfortunately, we supposed we detected the bug back in May and were going to fix it in 5.3. Upon further testing, we haven’t reproduced it and therefore it wasn’t fixed in 5.3.
Last week we received 1 more complaint from our partner and upon further testing and investigation, we found the root cause of the issue: when creating a case from the site admin, part of the functionality similar to the form submission is reproduced, including assigning a member to the Secure Zone with further email sending. This will be fixed in 5.4 release (July 7). The fix will be as follows: when creating cases from the site admin, emails won’t be sent.

I’ve posted similar info in Slack.

If all treepl partners would have been made aware of this bug as suggested, Lee from Relianceit would have known about it and could have avoided it.

1 Like