Product Reviews

Hello All,

I didn’t see one, but maybe I missed it - do we have ‘product reviews’ in the backlog for Treepl CMS implementation? I think this is a pretty standard feature with just about every eCommerce platform and I hope I’m not alone in thinking we definitely need to add this to Treepl CMS to build up the shopping functionality to compete with other cart CMS platforms in the market. Does anyone else see this feature as beneficial and have demand to add it to their eCommerce sites? Can we get this added as a backlog item?

Thank you!

• Ryan
2 Likes

I would say it comes under the “Native Comments” backlog item here:
https://treepl.co/public-backlog-state/request/native-comments

Although this item (or the linked Forum topic) doesn’t specifically mention a ‘review’ type option, such as a star rating, I think it would be worth including as part of this request:

1. because that’s how it was in BC
  2. you’d typically ask for a star rating along with a review (or even just a star rating)

Perhaps add this, and any of your further thoughts, to the Forum topic for this item: Native Comments

1 Like

Ryan, in theory you should be able to achieve this using a Custom Module and linking it as a Data Source to Products. Going set this up next week (or the week after) and will let you know how it goes.

Clients would still need to login in order to submit comments.

A.

Hello @Adam.Wilson and @A3CS,

I appreciate the feedback here! I’ll add some clarification to the backlog item you linked to @Adam.Wilson. @A3CS - Is there any documentation (or a starting point) related to linking a Custom Module as a Data Source to products? I’ve taken the Liquid lessons that are available that Adam so kindly put together, but I’m still not as far along as I’d like to be. If not, would you mind sharing what you come up with (no rush at all on this from the client’s perspective)? I also recommended installing Disqus and having a chat for reviews for the time being, but it would be nice to be able to leave a ‘star’ review like some of the other carts out there.

Thank you gentlemen!

• Ryan

No problem @StudioRTP will send over the info when I get it done. I’ll also be adding some good ‘review’ Schema to the code to it as well.

1 Like

That’s great @A3CS, I really appreciate it. I feel like I’m always asking for help and rarely able to return the favor or contribute. If there is anything I can do to help out with you, Adam or anything else with Treepl, please don’t hesitate to ask! Thank you again for your willingness to share!!

• Ryan